Skip to main content

What happened yesterday...

I am writing after few days just because I am confused about the way things are going in my life. I have been thinking about getting a new job because I am not satisfied with the present one. This is going on for over a month and my conscious mind thinks that I deserve a better job. When you see less deserving, less skillful and less qualified person becoming your team leader, it is obvious to get these thoughts. I did journalism with a lot of hopes attached with it, that one day I will do something which I will love and I will also get paid for it but the world seems very cruel when things don’t go your way.
I have been active on job portals more than at the current job to find something good. It has hardly been a year and I am having second thoughts on my career. I know that I shouldn’t get this impatient so early in my career but I could feel that I am struggling in finding an appropriate place to show my skills which is a genuine problem of this generation but more than that I am mentally suffering from it because of professional and personal situation. The firm wants me to do something which I don’t want and for which I didn’t sign up and whenever I see my mom’s face in a video call asking me, if I have got salary hike or not I feel numb but eventually find a way to divert her attention.
Let me share something interesting which may worry you if you are my well-wisher. Yesterday after waking up at 5:30 am and getting ready I went to an interview. The place was big and I prayed to get a chance there but It was not meant to be a nice day for me as I was thrown away gently in the first round itself. I was feeling dejected, miserable and broke while coming back because it was a nice job.
Then suddenly I thought let’s try somewhere else and convert this bad day into a good day. I opened the gallery on my phone and went to the screenshots column which I had taken last night and then called some random guy who was recruiting people for something I didn’t know. I went to the place he called. It took me 2 hours to reach the place he called me and when I entered it I saw many people waiting for something. Before I could understand anything I was asked to give my CV. I gave him the CV and then after 9 hours and 6 rounds I was selected and got the offer letter of 2,54,000. Because I was very feeling miserable I didn’t take the interview seriously and was very casual in approach but I somehow managed to impress them with the confidence and skill.

I asked them to give me a week to think about joining, and as of now, I don’t think I would be able to make my mind to join it. The job is in a reputed Multi-national BPO company where I have been assigned Senior Operational something designation. My work will be to answer queries and complaint of the Amazon customers through e-mail but that’s not the job I gave my 3 three years in college for. I know that I will not enjoy my outing in this firm and soon get out of it. This is just an example how I was unsure about what I was doing and what I wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a start of new beginning or mere a flashback for Saffron.

BJP winning the 2014 Lok Sabha election was something everyone saw coming the day NaMo name was out in the news to lead them in the big money involved election. Since then whatever BJP has achieved in the Country is outrageous to opposition. I don’t recall the last time when the country was ruled by a single party in these many states. Maybe it would have been achieved by mughals or someone else. But this is not something, a citizen should be proud of, where second largest party has only 3 states to rule and the leading party has 21 . Democracy can only excel when the opposition is strong too. Opposition is as important as the party in power because a democratic country needs someone who could ask questions to the party sitting on throne. However the job is meant for the   media but we know they are only playing their card to make money by gaining more and more TRPs and by other alleged means. BJP has been on a roll since Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah ha

Exclusive interview of Sports climbing National player Nehaa Prakash

This is an  exclusive  interview  of  Nehaa  Prakash who  won 1 gold  medal  and 2 silver in 21st National Sports Climbing  at  Indian  Mountaineering  Foundation  (IMF). Q):      How  are  you  feeling  after  winning  gold  in  women  lead  climbing  and  silvers in  women  bouldering and speed climbing? Ans  :  I feel really  good  that  I performed  well   for  my  side  although  I  could  have  performed better. Q):        When did you  started  doing  sports climbing  and  what  are  you  doing  in studies? Ans  :I started  it  about  8  years back  and  right  now  I am  pursuing  my  5th  year law. Q):This is the  fourth  and  final day  of 21st  National  Sports  climbing  championship  and  south zone                                             have emerged as the best zone as they have won 10 medals, what  message  would  you  like  to  convey them? Ans: I  would  just  like  to  say  keep going  and  keep winning  and  I think  it’s  time  that  we  are  definit

Chapter 2, We played Cricket on mountains

In chapter 1, I opened about how I got into this mass communication. In this chapter I will tell you about the experiences of field. When I was done with graduation, I was looking for a job. Even though I wanted it to be related to journalism but I didn’t get one. There were people back from hometown telling me to find one and utilise my time.   My brother had a friend, who got me hooked with my first job as a content writer which didn’t last more than 20 days. Neither I enjoyed working there nor they paid enough for me to stay. Once, when I was working there I got a call from someone whom I knew from my previous internship asking me to work for a   web portal in Himachal Pradesh. I was more than happy to take that offer into consideration and after talking to my parents I finally decided to take that. That’s how I reached Himachal Pradesh probably one of the beautiful places I have ever been and found myself a dream job. It was really awesome roaming between mountains in late