Skip to main content

The rise of a new fraud in the name of Dream Cruise Job.

The country has seen so many positive changes in all these years, the new government has availed many schemes for the skill development and career opportunities yet lots of young graduates are struggling to get proper jobs. Skilled and well-educated job seekers don’t get the right opportunity which has led many cases of people suffering from anxiety and depression sometimes resulting in suicides.  
There have been many episodes by known Hindi Journalist Ravish Kumar regarding the struggle of youths getting government jobs which rose protests all over the country. The journalist tried to make a difference but his effort wasn’t good enough to impress the government to avail jobs and right the wrong.
The Lack of jobs have opened portals for fraud and scam where a job seeker is promised a permanent job and he/she is asked for money which is never refunded and then they vanish. It hasn’t been many days since the young Sagar Thakur also known as “Shaggy” the alleged mastermind behind the 1900 crore call center Scam was arrested in Thane.
I am going to tell a new scam which has just started doing rounds. A firm is targeting youth of India through Social Media where they are offering the unbelievable job. I read somewhere that a guy from India wrote a letter to Dream cruise line (USA) that he has become the victim of a fraud and lost $400 (around 27,000 in Indian Currency) in it. I thought of digging deep and started searching fraudster. A guy named Carlos Oliveira (which also happen to be a fictional character from the Movie and comic Resident Evil) had posted a cruise job in a Facebook Group.
I checked his Facebook Profile, the fraudster had made sure that his Facebook profile look authentic by posting some pictures of cruises and its crews. Carlos Oliveira had given a WhatsApp number to contact him for the job in his Facebook post. I saved the number started chatting to him on WhatsApp regarding the job. He gave me a too good offer to believe. He was offering $5000 USD per month, $400USD pocket money every week, Paid Airfares, Transportation, Quality family housing accommodation, free medical care, work permits, visa, Life insurance and other benefits for a language interpreter job profile.
I asked him many questions regarding the authenticity of him, I asked him why he isn’t using the official mail id? His answers were scripted pitch which he used thrice for three different questions which were asked in different ways having the same quest. He told me that he is the Hiring Manager and belongs to a very reputed company and gave me the link of some random cruise website. When I asked some questions whose answers were not scripted he stopped messaging. I had to know more so, I acted that I was convinced for the job so I messaged him asking the joining formalities, then came the real fraud.
Carlos messaged that the company will pay for my work permits and visa but I will have to pay the one-time registration fee as per the employment law of USA. He asked me for $400 USD for the registration purpose and assured me that the offer letter will reach within few days.
The fraudster had ill grammar and didn’t know how to talk formally whenever he tried to message anything else than the scripted pitch. I was astonished that how could I get this much good offer without any interview.

This is how these people are targeting the youths. I don’t how many people have lost their money because of it but it appears to be a dangerous fraud. Fraud for offering job in India isn’t new, it has been happening for few years but the medium has changed. I have seen many posts having the same advertisement regarding the cruise job on different groups with different usernames. Be aware of these fraudsters and don’t become the victim of their badass method.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a start of new beginning or mere a flashback for Saffron.

BJP winning the 2014 Lok Sabha election was something everyone saw coming the day NaMo name was out in the news to lead them in the big money involved election. Since then whatever BJP has achieved in the Country is outrageous to opposition. I don’t recall the last time when the country was ruled by a single party in these many states. Maybe it would have been achieved by mughals or someone else. But this is not something, a citizen should be proud of, where second largest party has only 3 states to rule and the leading party has 21 . Democracy can only excel when the opposition is strong too. Opposition is as important as the party in power because a democratic country needs someone who could ask questions to the party sitting on throne. However the job is meant for the   media but we know they are only playing their card to make money by gaining more and more TRPs and by other alleged means. BJP has been on a roll since Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah ha

Exclusive interview of Sports climbing National player Nehaa Prakash

This is an  exclusive  interview  of  Nehaa  Prakash who  won 1 gold  medal  and 2 silver in 21st National Sports Climbing  at  Indian  Mountaineering  Foundation  (IMF). Q):      How  are  you  feeling  after  winning  gold  in  women  lead  climbing  and  silvers in  women  bouldering and speed climbing? Ans  :  I feel really  good  that  I performed  well   for  my  side  although  I  could  have  performed better. Q):        When did you  started  doing  sports climbing  and  what  are  you  doing  in studies? Ans  :I started  it  about  8  years back  and  right  now  I am  pursuing  my  5th  year law. Q):This is the  fourth  and  final day  of 21st  National  Sports  climbing  championship  and  south zone                                             have emerged as the best zone as they have won 10 medals, what  message  would  you  like  to  convey them? Ans: I  would  just  like  to  say  keep going  and  keep winning  and  I think  it’s  time  that  we  are  definit

Chapter 2, We played Cricket on mountains

In chapter 1, I opened about how I got into this mass communication. In this chapter I will tell you about the experiences of field. When I was done with graduation, I was looking for a job. Even though I wanted it to be related to journalism but I didn’t get one. There were people back from hometown telling me to find one and utilise my time.   My brother had a friend, who got me hooked with my first job as a content writer which didn’t last more than 20 days. Neither I enjoyed working there nor they paid enough for me to stay. Once, when I was working there I got a call from someone whom I knew from my previous internship asking me to work for a   web portal in Himachal Pradesh. I was more than happy to take that offer into consideration and after talking to my parents I finally decided to take that. That’s how I reached Himachal Pradesh probably one of the beautiful places I have ever been and found myself a dream job. It was really awesome roaming between mountains in late