Skip to main content

Why Avengers infinity war success in India is a lesson to learn for Bollywood?

This Friday when the third part of highly awaited movie Avengers infinity war released, the whole world went gaga over it. We Indians were in awe with all the characters from Marvel Cinematic Universe coming together in a film. The action sequences and plot of the story was well intriguing with one of the best Visual effects we have ever seen in a movie. People all over the world are loving the film and the third part of Avengers franchise is shattering many box-office records.
Last time we saw this kind of havoc in India was one year before when the second part of Bahubali released. Avengers has garnered almost 100 crores in India which is a record for any foreign film in India. The movie based on epic battle to save the world from Thanos released only in around 2000 theatres in India, still managed to score a 90+ weekend. This is a historic performance by any Hollywood film in India.
A Hollywood movie getting an earth-shattering response is a timely wake-up call for Indian Film Industry. We have to match the content with increasing the level of production of our movies otherwise youth will walk away from Indian movies. With easy availability and fast internet, youth is getting more attracted to English driven content which is becoming a trouble for Hindi Film Industry. They are not able to attract the youth now which they used to attract them two decades before.
Bollywood tried its hand in science fiction and advanced Visual effects movie but failed miserably. They tried with RA-One, Robot and Krish franchise but it felt like a baby in front of a man. Movies did well at the box-office but failed to match the expectation of Indian Youth. Bollywood’s visual effects were easily marked and criticized by the youth who has been seen a whole different level in Hollywood films. The south industry has done better than Bollywood in this field by creating Bahubali franchise, I, Magadheera etc.

We are different from Hollywood and we are the biggest movie producing country in the world but we have our liabilities towards the youth. This is the perfect time for Bollywood Production houses to come together and give it a thought. They should understand, what youth expects from them and work accordingly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a start of new beginning or mere a flashback for Saffron.

BJP winning the 2014 Lok Sabha election was something everyone saw coming the day NaMo name was out in the news to lead them in the big money involved election. Since then whatever BJP has achieved in the Country is outrageous to opposition. I don’t recall the last time when the country was ruled by a single party in these many states. Maybe it would have been achieved by mughals or someone else. But this is not something, a citizen should be proud of, where second largest party has only 3 states to rule and the leading party has 21 . Democracy can only excel when the opposition is strong too. Opposition is as important as the party in power because a democratic country needs someone who could ask questions to the party sitting on throne. However the job is meant for the   media but we know they are only playing their card to make money by gaining more and more TRPs and by other alleged means. BJP has been on a roll since Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah ha

Exclusive interview of Sports climbing National player Nehaa Prakash

This is an  exclusive  interview  of  Nehaa  Prakash who  won 1 gold  medal  and 2 silver in 21st National Sports Climbing  at  Indian  Mountaineering  Foundation  (IMF). Q):      How  are  you  feeling  after  winning  gold  in  women  lead  climbing  and  silvers in  women  bouldering and speed climbing? Ans  :  I feel really  good  that  I performed  well   for  my  side  although  I  could  have  performed better. Q):        When did you  started  doing  sports climbing  and  what  are  you  doing  in studies? Ans  :I started  it  about  8  years back  and  right  now  I am  pursuing  my  5th  year law. Q):This is the  fourth  and  final day  of 21st  National  Sports  climbing  championship  and  south zone                                             have emerged as the best zone as they have won 10 medals, what  message  would  you  like  to  convey them? Ans: I  would  just  like  to  say  keep going  and  keep winning  and  I think  it’s  time  that  we  are  definit

Chapter 2, We played Cricket on mountains

In chapter 1, I opened about how I got into this mass communication. In this chapter I will tell you about the experiences of field. When I was done with graduation, I was looking for a job. Even though I wanted it to be related to journalism but I didn’t get one. There were people back from hometown telling me to find one and utilise my time.   My brother had a friend, who got me hooked with my first job as a content writer which didn’t last more than 20 days. Neither I enjoyed working there nor they paid enough for me to stay. Once, when I was working there I got a call from someone whom I knew from my previous internship asking me to work for a   web portal in Himachal Pradesh. I was more than happy to take that offer into consideration and after talking to my parents I finally decided to take that. That’s how I reached Himachal Pradesh probably one of the beautiful places I have ever been and found myself a dream job. It was really awesome roaming between mountains in late